Friday 14 September 2012

Wising Up

I am terrible at being political.  I have ideals but I flip-flop, I am a self-professed bleeding heart and, too often, govern myself by feeling rather than rational thought. (See: Truthiness).  I have taken a giant step back and have needed to focus more on my breath than local, national and international news.  

I am thankful for the folks who analyze political information and are adept at memorizing dates and understanding the inner workings of political playgrounds, as there is an obvious need for information.  I'm just not a key player in this realm.  I no longer need to be the first to read an article or be the resident expert on anything.  I know nothing.  I am a student of the world. I am genuinely trying to be quiet and listen right now because for too long, I gave my opinion without having achieved an ounce of wisdom; I was idealistic, but not very helpful.  

My focus right now: to get in touch with my true feelings on life without listening to all of the background noise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment